Portraits
Doing this assignment was very helpful for me as i became more confident with people.
The following people were strangers to me and the most difficult part was to approach them kindly and asked them to take a photograph of them as part of my project.
Most of the people were very kind and willing to help me. However i was wandering around the city for a long time until i could find the courage and ask them. Even thought after doing it once then the rest is quite easy and i have now released that there is no reason of feeling afraid or uncomfortable to ask a stranger for help.
Portrait Photography
Danny Santos
Danny Santos is a great photographer where she prepared a series of photographs of strangers.
She took the photographs in Orchard Road.
Ahhording to her: Every time I’m out in the streets, I would often encounter
faces that make me look twice… faces that just stood out of the crowd without
even trying… faces that are by no means ordinary. They range from the
exquisitely beautiful to the strangely wonderful. Sometimes I would try to
steal a shot without being too intrusive, most times I just stand there wishing
I had the balls to just approach them and ask for their portrait. Thanks to my
lucky stars … I eventually grew those balls to do so.
Moreover, "Out here, nothing is prepared,” says Danny in his blog,
“Nothing cooperates with you.. not the weather, not the subjects, not the
situation. You have to make do with what’s available. That’s a very big
challenge. But on few occasions when all the elements just come together, and
you’re at the right place at the right time, the feeling of ‘getting that
perfect shot’ just doesn’t compare to anything else."
<http://www.edverosky.net/blog/2011/10/portraits-of-strangers-street-photography-by-danny-santos-ii/>
She is using a Nikon D300 with an 85mm f1.4 and a 20mm f2.8
lens. “I like both lenses for different reasons… the latter for documenting
street scenes and the former for capturing street portraits.”



No comments:
Post a Comment